ProWeb provides professional software engineering services and online presence consultancy for businesses from across various sectors in Africa. We are focused on promoting Africa’s software technology industry and contributing to driving the industry forward by offering a wide range of software development services. The ProWeb team, at its core, comprises members with professional software engineering qualifications and experience. However, we embrace diversity in competencies, and the engineering team is complemented by a support team of diverse educational backgrounds and experience. We are dedicated to seeing projects undertaken through to completion and maintaining a good working relationship with clients during and after project execution. ProWeb’s culture is driven by a shared passion for providing a pleasant client experience and ensuring high-quality professional service delivery. It is a culture of amazing, growth-minded people whose values include using good judgment and solving for the customer.
ProWeb empowers entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses with online solutions that help them to succeed online in Zambia. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and expertise to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. We are seeking a full-time accountant at our HQ in Lusaka. You must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, reliable, honest, adaptable and target-oriented. You must be familiar and conversant with accounting rules and principles, Zambian tax rules and procedures, tax strategies, and financial reporting. Furthermore, you will also be required to prepare periodic taxes, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analysing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. You will report the organization's finances to management and offer suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts. We require a person with an excellent knowledge of accounting for digital product offerings and the ability to understand current and new product service lines in our company.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Issuing of receipts and invoices.
- Posting of receipts into an accounting package.
- Preparation of daily banking reports.
- Reconciliations and updating of financial records.
- Debt collection.
- Receivables reconciliation.
- Petty cash management.
- Preparation of payment vouchers.
- Posting payments in the accounting package.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts.
- Managing VAT, Income Tax and Withholding Tax, working with ZRA to clean up the tax ledgers.
- Safe custody of important accounting records and documents.
- Preparation of monthly payroll and managing compliance with any statutory obligations relating to the payroll (i.e. NAPSA, Personal Levy, Workers Compensation and NHIMA)
- Making staff register and reconciliation of staff timesheets.
- Preparation of audit schedules and working with external auditors.
- Recommend financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; and preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other reports.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures to already existing policies and procedures.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyse, summarize and report financial status and information.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Spearhead budget & cashflow forecasting processes.
- Any other duties that may arise.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other appropriate fields of study or;
- Full Professional Qualification (ACCA , CA Zambia/ZICA Professional or CIMA)
- Minimum of 4 years of proven working experience in Accounting
- Must be a fully qualified chartered accountant
- Must be a registered ZICA member
- Have the ability to understand the company’s technological product/service offerings and apply this knowledge to accounting strategies.
- Proven experience in managing VAT, WHT, PAYE, Income Tax and payroll statutory obligations.
- Knowledge of international accounting standards and tax requirements in the context of the service industry.
- Knowledge of preparing financial statements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of inspiring and motivating target market to become leads.
- Have the ability to engage professionally with the team and co-workers.
- An advanced level of English language with good listening & presentation skills.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Able to self-diagnose, find and synthesise information, apply logic to problems and quickly analyse to provide a recommendation or an actionable solution.
- A highly motivated and self-confident individual with a consistent drive to achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm and productivity even in a high-pressure environment/situation.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments at the same time.
- Analytical mindset and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently with minimum supervision and as part of a team.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies and strategies.
- An innate desire to understand concepts and ask thoughtful questions.
- Humble, acknowledge strengths and weaknesses and take feedback well.
- IT literacy with advanced Microsoft Office skills especially Microsoft Excel.
- Must have hands-on experience with QuickBooks and Sage Accounting.
- Candidate's CVs should clearly demonstrate relevant working experience in accounting through appropriate descriptions of similar positions previously held and the duties involved. It must also provide traceable references. Prior experience in a technology company is a plus.
- Able to start work immediately.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying